UX Designer II
UX Designer II
- Are you looking to be part of a dynamic design team crafting innovative user experiences?
- Would you like to build experiences that help millions of people enjoy more of the world?
- Are you passionate about solving hard problems and creating order out of chaos?
We’re looking for motivated designers to help us envision and deliver delightful customer experiences. We work on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a diverse and collaborative environment.
As a UX Designer you have an opportunity to think through the framing of problems with a focus on end user needs and desires. With the product team you will identify, design, specify and implement end-to-end experiences for a wide range of Expedia’s products and services.
Who you are
- You have strong interaction and visual design skills with capabilities in prototyping, presentation, and user-centered design methods
- You are an established performer with strong communication skills
- You are comfortable challenging the status quo with clear rationale and competitive, business or user insights
- You understand that it's not all about UX, but how UX contributes to a broader goal
- You proactively build relationships and are a key contributor to shipped projects and improvements in designs and processes
- You understand what HTML/CSS and native UI frameworks can and can’t do
- You are curious and inquisitive; you are continually looking for ways to learn and grow
What you’ll do
- Work independently with or actively contribute to a cross-functional team (product managers and engineers) with some creative direction
- Design and specify user experiences for specific problem or product areas
- Confidently communicate your decision-making rationale to team members
- Create sketches, wireframes, user flows, visuals, prototypes and/or other interface specifications
- Leverage our design system to create consistent user experiences as well as contribute to continually improving the system
Why Join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small.
We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.comTM, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.