About the role
Our UX Team is seeking a UX Designer responsible for designing and delivering product experiences from early-stage concepts through final design. Our team has a unique opportunity to help modernize RealSelf’s product experience as we look to simplify and elevate our web and mobile app products. This role embeds directly with a sprint team so that you will collaborate with a product manager, engineers, content, data science, user research, and brand design. This full-time position reports to the Senior UX Manager. The UX Designer who joins our team should be passionate about the beauty/aesthetics category and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment.
In this role, you will:
- Guide the experience strategy for your product team, contributing first-class thoughtful design solutions in prioritization discussions, design strategy, and product strategy
- Actively collaborate with your Product Manager to deeply understand business and product goals
- Partner with dev manager/developers to understand technical limitations & communicate solutions
- User testing including methodology, setup, facilitating and reporting
- Utilize both qualitative & quantitative to make data-driven decisions through a user-centered design approach
- Create deliverables that communicate your solutions & rationale. Includes (but not limited to) competitive analysis, sketches, wireframes, mocks, flows, IA, personas, and prototypes
- Partner on our RealSelf Design System “Radiance” & contribute to its evolution
- Collaborate with our Senior UX Designers on concepts, experience strategy, and skill-building
- Stay on top of industry trends. Propose innovative, engaging solutions
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience as a UX designer with a demonstrable history of owning the design process from early-stage ideation through high-fidelity design
- A solid online portfolio that reveals an in-depth knowledge of user-centered design in both UX and visual design principles
- A curious, critical, holistic thinker
- Independent, motivated, organized & able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
- You can articulate complex ideas with humility & humor
- Willingness to partner with stakeholders & data teams
- Good communication & storytelling skills
- Able to digest input, feedback & criticism objectively to make thoughtful decisions
- Ability to work in a rapid test & learn highly agile environment
- You experiment often, fail fast, and optimize UX using AB testing
- A growth mindset, build your skills, push outside your comfort zone
- Evolving your skills in Sketch, InVision, Figma
- A strong visual design aesthetic is a plus
- Experience in responsive web & native app design a plus
Nice to haves:
- A passion for IA & categorization
- A passion for SEO optimization
- Desire to optimize in performant front-end experiences
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work! *Due to COVID-19, RealSelf staff is currently remote.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.