UX Designer III at Expedia Group
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Join a diverse group of passionate designers dedicated to building experiences that help millions of people enjoy more of the world.
We’re looking for self-motivated problem-finders, who can help us craft and improve customer experiences on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a dynamic and collaborative environment.Who you are:
- You enjoy designing experiences across multiple devices and platforms, from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Your choose the right tool for the right problem, fluidly moving through different stages of the process from sketching to low- and high-fidelity prototypes
- Your ground your work in observations, research and analytics to help you come up with ideas and then validate through testing
- You take pride in mentoring other designers and advocate for user-centric design practices
- You believe universal design is the best design, and design for people of all abilities
- You believe feedback is a gift, you actively seek it out, and give it thoughtfully in order to continually raise the quality of the experience
- You think about design as a system, and contribute to and maintain our pattern library as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for all our products.
- You have at least 5 years of professional design experience
- You possess a degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- Your portfolio demonstrates expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions
- Your portfolio demonstrates sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture
- While not a requirement, we look for experience hand-coding HTML/CSS and JS and a fundamental understanding of responsive web design standard methodologies (bonus points if you’ve used LESS or SCSS and GitHub)
As a UX Designer III you will work with researchers, content strategists, product managers and engineers to develop and improve Expedia’s products and services for millions of our customers worldwide, every day.Why Join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-EB1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.