Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is the primary provider of B2C and B2B payments, payment systems, and financial operations between Expedia and its global customers and network of supply partners. This opportunity presents you with great user centered design challenges and the ability to have a tremendous business impact.
As a user experience (UX) designer in the EGP organization, you will work to answer the most challenging questions in payments and financial experiences for our customers. You will collaborate with a global team of product managers, engineers, and operations experts to define the future of customer interactions with our products, systems, and processes. In this role, you will be a passionate advocate for the customer, user-centered in every aspect of the product development lifecycle, focused on delivering intuitive and easy to use solutions. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver an end to end experience with strong, intrinsic design ability, attention to detail, web expertise, great communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You will be a part of a team that ideates and delivers innovative web app experiences that impact Expedia's payment products and services.
- Understand customers and their needs through relevant quantitative and qualitative research techniques to create user-centered design solutions.
- Lead the end to end design process, while contributing to define the larger strategy through design solutions.
- Use business requirements, user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level design requirements
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes to communicate the underlying process and methodology .
- Deep understanding of competitive product offerings and customer needs and translating behavioral data and competitive analysis into design solutions.
- Collaborate across teams to improve the crafting, maintaining and optimizing our interaction and visual design patterns and frameworks.
- Familiarity with Expedia Guiding Principals https://www.expediagroup.com/about/vision-purpose-strategy-principles/
Experience and Qualification:
- 3+ years of professional experience with design and variety of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Photoshop
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience using best practices for mobile and web-based information and responsive/adaptive design techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency in user-centered, usability and interaction design principles.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 code and basic web scripting practices is good to have.
- A professional or personal portfolio that demonstrates strong command of user-experience design principles and process.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.