UX Designer at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
Blue Nile embraces a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is a successful and growing company, started in 1999 and now the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and entertainment including CenturyLink and Safeco fields. We are close to transportation, the waterfront, and parks. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks and showers.
Blue Nile is currently seeking a UX Designer to join our ever-evolving user experience effort. We are looking for someone with strong UX skills that is able to do the process from end-to-end. This person will help us create a best-in-class experience that will delight our customers. You can be at the center of our collaborative team, building new and exciting functionality and features.
You will be sharing your vision and experience design approach with a small team of passionate designers who are responsible for the execution of strong interaction design solutions for complex online products.
As a user experience designer, you will be the subject matter expert in the full spectrum of user interactions (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, wireframes, research, etc) in a fast-paced startup-like environment. You will help evaluate the current UX and will work with our UX design team, product owners, executives and engineers to develop improvements that can be measured.
This position will work closely with the Technology, Analytics, Merchandising, and Site Development teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment of continuous innovation, must be able to present complex wireframes, prototypes or visual solutions to internal stakeholders and communicate research, methodology and technology behind the proposed ideas and executions.
- Take the lead on user interface design and prototyping through the full design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture, visual design and interaction design)
- Create functional prototypes that display highly innovative, engaging, and user centered designs
- Help guide the UX team in creation of modern user interfaces with a focus on usability and simple and intuitive, efficient user interaction
- Deliver results in agile development environment
- 3+ years experience in interactive or UX design, information architecture or visual design
- Ability to do the full UX process, looking for a UX generalist.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating high quality user experiences; must have an online portfolio of mobile and web samples, including examples of site mapping and wireframing for feature projects.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills, networking and presentation skills.
- Proven experience with user interface design and guidelines. Involvement in usability studies/testing a plus. Experience with Agile workflows strongly preferred.
- High enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, and innovation
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of software such as: Sketch, Framer, Axure or Omnigraffle and familiar with a wide range of other design, web and multimedia software
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount