About the Role:
Our UX Team is seeking a UX Designer to help optimize the user experience for the world’s most trusted online destination for cosmetic beauty treatments and industry providers.The ideal candidate has a focused background in UX & Product Design.
This full-time position reports to a Lead UX Designer at our Seattle office.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with a Lead UX designer on concepts, experience strategy for your team + skill-building
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand business and product goals
- Partner with Principal User Researcher to learn more about research methods & strategies
- Request and use qualitative & quantitative user research to make informed data-driven decisions through a user-centered design approach
- Conceptualize, benchmark, define, execute, iterate on user experience deliverables within tight turn-around timeframes
- Produce beautiful, memorable, and thoughtful experiences by executing on UX deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, mocks, flows, IA, personas, and prototypes
- Create project deliverables that clearly communicate the experience strategy & rationale behind it
- Prepare assets, development handoff instructions, and production tasks to deliver pixel perfect design work
- Collaborate with other UX and visual designers to ensure consistency; seek out guidance
- Collaborate with developers to understand technical limitations and discuss solutions
- Actively contribute to brainstorms & ideation work sessions
- Assist in maintaining design patterns as our Design Language evolves
- Stay on top of industry trends; evaluate innovative design approaches to develop internal innovation & engaging solutions
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You are a designer looking for a place to call home long-term. You are passionate about design and want to be some place where you can have influence on the product as you continue to grow your career.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), related field, or relevant job experience
- 2+ years of experience as a UX designer
- Portfolio demonstrates deep knowledge of both UX and VisD principles
- Experienced in UX research including methodology, setup, facilitating, and reporting
- A basic familiarity with data driven design, able to evaluate and use metrics to improve design results. Able to work in a rapid test & learn, highly agile environment
- Experience in prioritization discussions, design strategy, and product strategy
- Highly motivated & willing to jump into projects head first
- The ability to digest input, feedback and criticism objectively to make thoughtful decisions
- An open mindset to grow, build your skills, and push outside your comfort zone
- A strong collaborator with a solutions driven mindset
- A curious and critical thinker, able to articulate complex ideas with humility and humor
- Independent, organized and able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
- Created mobile-first consumer focused responsive experiences for sites. Native app design experience is a plus.
- Experience using Sketch app
With your application submission, please include a link to your portfolio.
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.