UX Researcher II
Do you believe that the best products are built by teams who focus on understanding user behavior? Do you dream of working in a dynamic, iterative environment where research insights can have an immediate impact on a product’s user experience? If so, then Expedia, the world’s largest travel company, wants to talk to you.
We are a diverse and inclusive organization. As a team, we focus on a drive for results. We are looking for a UX Researcher who is passionate about improving their research methodologies and is motivated by a desire to continually learn and grow.
As a User Experience Researcher you will complete studies for one product vertical using a variety of methods including lab testing, remote testing and more. You will collaborate with business partners and User Experience teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present actionable insights. You will:
- Define and consolidate qualitative research, including lab-based usability studies, remote usability studies, and field studies to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design
- Work closely with partners across multiple product teams to clearly define and prioritize user research questions, then outline and schedule research studies
- Work with your mentor or manager to identify and recommend the best methods to answer UX product research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Be accountable for running and ensuring quality of user research within your area of focus
- Consolidate research findings from studies into a short, concise, actionable story for User Experience and product teams
To be a successful User Experience Researcher, it is a given that you are a detailed thinker with a strong sense of curiosity that is grounded in cognitive sciences. We also seek someone with a creative streak, a love for experimentation and the desire and skills to deliver quickly. You have:
- Knowledge or experience related to writing detailed study plans including goals, metrics, and study protocol
- Training or practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to articulate qualitative research results trough written and spoken communication
- Ability to execute on individual studies in a timely manner while delivering high quality and accurate results
- Strong organizational skills, able to act independently and able to switch quickly between different projects, even within a day
- An outgoing, persuasive personality with an ability to lead and clarify lateral thinking
- A natural curiosity that leads you to always wonder how and why people use our products in the way they do
- A thirst for constant learning and improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with global teams (this role has partner teams based in Jordan)
While we recognize that there is not one path to becoming a great User Experience Researcher, we look for:
- BS degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas (Masters degree a plus)
- Or at least 3 years or more working as a user experience researcher with ability to independently plan, execute, and deliver basic usability evaluations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.