UX Researcher III
Do you believe that the best products are built by teams who focus on understanding user behavior? Do you dream of working in a dynamic, iterative environment where research insights can have an immediate impact on a product’s user experience? If so, then Expedia, the world’s largest travel company, wants to talk to you.We are a diverse and inclusive organization. As a team, we focus on a drive for results. We are looking for experienced and talented UX Researchers with solid methodological skills and ability to use research to impact decisions in a dynamic, agile environment.
You are great for this job if:
- You have excellent research skills with a record of delivering insights that influence product and design decisions
- You are motivated by a sense of accomplishment and real passion for the work
- You are known for clear written and spoken communication skills
- You have solid project management skills and are able to strike the balance between being agile and applying rigor
- You practice self-awareness and strive to be your best self while finding common ground and building rapport with your peers.
- We believe that observations are key, that understanding the “why” is critical.
- We're looking for researchers who can adopt our research philosophy and excel at delivering research insights.
- As a User Researcher III, you will define and execute on the user research program and daily processes for one product area using a variety of methods including; field studies, lab testing, remote testing, and more.
- You will collaborate with product and User Experience teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present actionable insights.
- You will: Define and consolidate quantitative and qualitative research, including surveys, lab-based usability studies, field studies, and more to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design
- Work closely with partners on at least one product team to clearly define and prioritize user research questions, then outline and schedule research plans
- Identify and recommend the best methods to answer research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Actively find opportunities to improve the user experience for at least one product area
- Be accountable for running and ensuring quality of user research within your area of focus
- Consolidate research findings, often from multiple sources, into a short, concise, actionable story for design and product teams
- Describe and present your methods, design explorations and trade-off rationale to peers, team partners, product partners and UX leadership
- Estimate work effort and define needed deliverables
- To be a successful User Researcher III, it is a given that you are a detailed thinker with a strong sense of curiosity that is grounded in cognitive science.
- We also look for individuals with a creative streak, a love for experimentation and the desire/skills to deliver quickly.
- Extensive practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Advanced ability to articulate and visualize both qualitative and qualitative results
- Experience working firsthand with UX design and software product teams
- Ability to plan and lead generative research to define new design concepts
- Ability to develop creative, flexible and rapid approaches to user experience problems
- Multi-task across multiple projects and studies going on simultaneously and working with outside vendors where required to conduct research
- Strong organizational skills, able to act independently and able to switch quickly between different projects, even within a day
- An outgoing, persuasive personality with an ability to lead and clarify lateral thinking
- A natural curiosity that leads you to always wonder how and why people use our products the way they do
- A thirst for constant learning and improvement
- While we recognize that there is not one path to becoming a great Sr. User Experience Researcher, we look for:
- More than 5 years professional experience, with a least 3 years experience working with product teams and UX designers on software interfaces
- BS degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas (Masters degree a plus)And although not required, it is an advantage if you can demonstrate:
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.