About the Role:
You will be responsible for research intake, set up, evaluation, and reporting for product experiences from early strategic concepts through post-launch takeaways. As a leading two-sided marketplace, our team has a unique opportunity to help empathize with our B2B customers as we work to simplify our experiences for the supply side (doctors). This role partners directly with several sprint teams, so you will collaborate with product managers, product marketers, engineers, designers, data science, and cross-functional stakeholders. This full-time position reports to the Senior UX Manager in our Seattle office.
The UX Researcher who joins our team should be passionate about the beauty/aesthetics category and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment.
In this role you will:
- Help drive UX research, outlining your plan as well as executing and conducting research
- Play a critical role throughout all phases of the design process to collaborate & provide valuable insights and recommendations
- Write test plans and scripts, incorporating a variety of research methods
- Recruit participants, write screeners, and conduct moderated remote user research sessions
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings, both verbally and in well-written reports
- Provide an unbiased analysis of the data, giving UX designers & stakeholders information they need to craft the best experience and make design decisions
- Manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Stay on top of industry trends, and evaluate innovative approaches to research, test methods, and tools
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- A seasoned UX professional with 3+ years of research experience
- Experienced in conducting in-depth 1:1 interviews with participants
- Experienced in guiding and coaching others on research set up, evaluation & reporting.
- Experienced in a variety of research methods, with a focus on digital products
- Experienced with quant research, concept & prototype user testing, surveys, card sorts, etc.; you are data-driven and persuasive without being authoritative
- Passionate & driven to fully serve the customer
- Able to quickly digest & hypothesize user behavior & feedback
- A highly collaborative person, able to work easily with peers & participants
- Able to analyze data & input objectively, to make unbiased recommendations
Travel: No travel anticipated
RealSelf is a values and performance-driven team that shares a common purpose of achieving our mission of empowering people to make smart, confident self-improvement decisions. We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. Our office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their (well-behaved) dogs to work!
Millions of people from around the world visit RealSelf each month to browse patient reviews, before and after photos, and medical expert answers to discover which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being “Worth It.” RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.