At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. As a member of the User Experience team, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of work, making our category-leading work execution platform useful, usable, and elegant. As the UX Writer, you will collaborate with a team of UX Designers and help shape the product experience by translating complex concepts into simple, easy-to-understand language that help people know what is possible and accomplish their tasks.
This role will report to the Sr. Director of Experience Design and will be located in our Bellevue, WA Headquarters.
Who We Are:
- We are a growing Experience Design Team of UX Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, UX Writers, and Customer Experience Architects who love what we do and help our customers love what they do!
- We’re an authentic, scrappy and passionate bunch who partner with our respective product teams to help drive product strategy but also come together often as an XD team to support each other in driving our holistic experience vision forward.
- We are setting the experience bar for enterprise applications so our customers feel empowered, inspired and connected.
What You’ll Do:
- Create straightforward, concise, and helpful UI content in a human way that makes emotional connections with people and communicates the brand.
- Drive the in-app content strategy across all product areas and platforms to ensure a cohesive narrative.
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user and team feedback.
- Collaborate with UX designers, researchers, product managers, and product marketing managers through the entire human-centered design process to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs and business objectives.
- Develop and maintain writing style guidelines.
- Evaluate existing UI strings, make recommendations, and work with product managers and engineers to implement and track improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in overall content strategy.
Who You Are:
You have an unrelenting desire to simplify and remove the unnecessary to make every word count. You are a master of doing more with less. You will represent the end user, as well as evangelize and follow user-centered methodologies. You will ensure content truly meets people’s needs - from first-time users to seasoned experts.
- You love simplicity and consistency
- You have an unrelenting desire to simplify and remove the unnecessary to make every word count.
- You’re a master of doing more with less.
- You love consistency but know when to break the rules.
- You are passionate about UX and UX Writing
- You have at least three years’ experience writing effective UX content ideally for Enterprise applications.
- You’re self-motivated and enthusiastic but know when to seek guidance.
- You sweat the details.
- You know the difference between UX Writing and Copywriting.
- You care about great experiences that are grounded in qualitative and quantitative insights.
- You know that UI strings can make or break an experience.
- You have high EQ
- You’re highly self-aware and get along with just about anyone.
- You have excellent communication and critical thinking skills and can easily articulate decisions.
- You’re a fierce advocate for people using the products your work on.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.