Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet. We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
We are looking for a skilled UX/UI Designer who is passionate about intuitive user experience(s), local food and sustainable farms. As a UX/UI Designer at Barn2Door, you will be integral to the Product Team, and help design our software and platforms to meet our customers' needs (including Farmers, Buyers - Consumer and Wholesale). You will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers, by combining interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. You will work closely with and report directly to the CEO.
A successful candidate should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems, and work thoroughly yet efficiently. We expect you will analyze, evaluate and draw upon UX/UI designs utilized across other industries and vertical, to help Barn2Door meet and exceed expectations of its customers at every touchpoint and interaction. We will want to see your portfolio of creative and successful UX/UI projects and other related technical projects.
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter (this isn’t a theory it’s a must)
- Detail-oriented and thorough, especially with respect to technology, data entry and project management
- Well-poised and eager to solicit feedback, great at managing your time
- Eager to work at a startup, and help build a company down to the customer detail
- Analyze and meet product specifications and user expectations
- Perform concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Use special personas based on user research results
- Create right interaction models and evaluate their success
- Build wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Solve UX problems, such as usability or discoverability, using creative and best in class options
- Collaborate to implement attractive designs
- Discuss design ideas and prototypes with developers
- Stay informed about competitor products and industry trends
- 2-5+ years' experience of working on a UX Designer, UI Designer or other relevant position
- Experience with design software and a solid portfolio of design projects
- Excellent knowledge of interaction design and information architecture
- Experience in project management and research will be a bonus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with business-oriented approach
- Strong communication skills
- BS in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
- Passion for food, farming, sustainability and farm to table
- Salary DOE
- Incentive Stock Options (ISOs) in a high-growth startup
- 10 days PTO, 5 days Sick Leave and 11 Paid Holidays
- 100% premium coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision and AD&D (Employee-only)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Ongoing training and professional development
- To work closely with all team members including executives
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.