Analytics Engineering Manager at Flexport (Bellevue, WA)
Fast, accurate insights are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll help by leading and growing a strong group of Analytics Engineers that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry.You will:
- Lead a team of Analytics Engineers in building a cutting edge system of technology and processes for managing the data lifecycle at Flexport
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders in defining and documenting company-wide single source of truth data models that power analysis throughout the enterprise
- Set company-wide standards for data quality and collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and go-to-market teams to ensure that contributions to the data warehouse are up to par
- Manage a portfolio of analytics tools and platforms that empower data scientists, product managers, go-to-market teams, and other data consumers
- Simplify and improve data collection and reporting processes to automate manual workflows and eliminate manual dependencies
- Project manage changes to data architecture, and help resultant change throughout the enterprise
- Reconcile data issues and alerts between various systems, finding opportunities to innovate and drive improvements
- Expert SQL proficiency with proven competencies in designing well-architected data models, optimizing for query performance, and clearly documenting code
- 6-8+ years of experience in related analytical, business systems and data engineering fields
- Work in Tableau, Looker, or similar visualization / business intelligence platform
- Experience with DBT or similar analytics workflow tools
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and BigQuery strongly preferred
- Experience building reporting processes for finance (billing, invoicing, executive reporting) strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with Master Data Management (full lifecycle gathering requirements, choosing/implementing tool, building solutions)
- Experience with data governance (defining procedures, establishing change management policies) a big plus
- Experience with operational tools and business systems such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce, Segment, or Zuora
- Exposure to Apache Airflow or other DAG frameworks
- Advanced Python
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field preferred
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.