Application Support Engineer (Seattle, US) at DefinedCrowd
Who are we?
Who is DefinedCrowd? Well, from a technical point of view, we leverage the power of a global crowd to provide some of the world’s biggest companies with the high-quality data they need to power their artificial intelligence. We’re instrumental to the progression and development of artificial intelligence and we couldn’t be prouder or more inspired to be involved in an industry that is changing the world. From a personal point of view, we’re a group of big thinkers, high achievers and creative problem solvers. We bond over our shared love of software engineering, data science, and strong coffee. We like online gaming, running marathons, and team drinks. We celebrate authenticity and diversity and we’re invested in what we do. Our mission? World domination, obviously!
What will you do?
- Work with the entire organization, interacting with software, machine learning and product teams;
- Research and troubleshoot of our platform difficulties;
- Help to improve the stability of our internal software and tools;
- Establish process standardization within our own software, providing a better experience for our teams and our clients;
- Initial screening of platform issues to recommend solutions, required steps and trade-offs.
Who are we looking for?
Do you have the drive to work in an innovative and ambitious environment?
We’re looking for someone with a determined and proactive mindset, someone inspired and passionate to help us achieve our goals. Our successful candidate is a strong critical thinker, reliable and transparent, with an ability to learn and communicate. We’re looking for someone special to contribute to our unique culture.
Our Application Support Engineers have:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related fields;
- Knowledge of REST API's for operational tasks;
- Strong knowledge in SQL syntax;
- Working knowledge of Python or PowerShell;
- Strong understanding of monitoring principles;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams;
- Customer service experience and/or experience in a customer service-oriented environment;
- Passion for problem solving & automation;
- Experience supporting mission-critical systems;
- Demonstrate autonomy and willingness to learn.
Why Join Us?
You spend a lot of your time at work, so it should be challenging, fun and interesting. At DefinedCrowd, it will be all of those things and more. Here’s what we offer:
- A unique culture, healthy working environment, and a flexible work schedule so that you can retain your work-life balance.
- Excellent career development opportunities in a high growth company
- Access to an excellent compensation and benefits package
- An international and diverse team, representing more than 30 nationalities at our 4 locations
- Global mobility and relocation support with the help of our specialized team
- Continuous training opportunities leveraging hand-on workshops and formal development opportunities
DefinedCrowd offers a platform with multiple data delivery options that leverages machine learning technology and human intelligence to deliver quality-guaranteed training data for AI systems. The platform offers self-service and fully customizable solutions that deliver high-quality project-specific training data, enabling AI products reach market quicker. It is this business model that has allowed DefinedCrowd to raise a total of $63.6M in funding over 4 rounds. Our value proposition is quality, privacy, speed and scale, covering more than 50 different languages. With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, we have been serving AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one. DefinedCrowd was founded in Seattle and has offices in Lisbon, Porto and Tokyo.