Applied Researcher at Expedia Group
We are looking for top-notch applied researchers and scientists interested in breaking new grounds to solve some of the most complex computational problems in the marketing domain.
The focus of your job will be in developing state of the art machine learning algorithms to power various aspects of highly complex global marketing campaigns. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars participating in highly dynamic and competitive auctions in travel Metasearch sites (TripAdvisor, Kayak, Trivago), Paid Search (Google, Bing, Yahoo) as well as in social media (Facebook). These marketing channels would benefit from solving a range of fundamental problems with varying levels of complexity, e.g., from inference problems that arise due to sparse data to solving complex optimization problems impacted by dynamic market and user behavior. We have rich, massive, and untapped data sets containing observation points that can be collected only by spending huge amounts of money. Your passion for the craft of statistics, optimization, and machine learning will help unlock tangible growth for our business by exploiting these data sets.
You will be someone with a strong background in both machine learning (PhD is preferred) and software development.
- Provide technical leadership, identify key business challenges and opportunities, and develop end-to-end software solutions using machine learning and optimization methods
- Assess the validity of assumptions and hypotheses through experiments
- Collaborate with stakeholders, partners, and engineering team to ensure that solutions meet business needs, permit valid inferences, and have functional feasibility
- PhD in CS or related field with experience and demonstrable work in machine learning
- Strong algorithm design and coding skills in at least one of major programming languages like Java, C/C++, Python
- Strong communication skills both written and oral