Architect (eCommerce )
projekt202 is the leader in experience-driven software strategy, design and development. We have spent over 15 years refining our unique methodology that combines deep user insight with collaborative design and development. As a result, our team creates better, more meaningful user experiences and innovative software for the world’s greatest brands, including Capital One, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Dell, The Container Store, Neiman Marcus, and many more. Our work is recognized by top industry analysts, including the experts at Gartner, who stated, “The perspective and processes projekt202 is focusing on and perfecting will, over time, become standard operating procedure for any application development project.”
Our team is passionate about user-centric design and development. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our clients’ business challenges. At projekt202, we also have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
We are looking for a talented eCommerce Architect who is serious about their craft to join our Seattle projekt202 team.
As one of the fastest growing companies in the US, projekt202 is leading the world in experience-driven application development. We have spent over a decade refining our methodology that combines deep user insight with collaborative design and development to create meaningful user experiences and innovative software for the world’s greatest brands. Our work is being recognized by many including Gartner who stated “The perspective and processes projekt202 is focusing on and perfecting will, over time, become standard operating procedure for any application development project.”
Our team is passionate about user centric design and development. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our client’s business challenges. We also have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assist with pre-sales efforts
- Collaborates with our research teams and client stakeholders to define and build systems that meet both user and organizational needs.
- Manages the development of user guides, process flow charts, etc. to provide system documentation
- Understands and balances competing constraints
- Clearly articulates the value of design and design research
- During design, identifies architecturally significant design decisions and communicates constrains
- Provides estimates and assists in preparing SOWs and proposals
- Works with the senior members of other practices to manage the account and keep the client happy
- Leads projects including overseeing quality and working with the PM to manage scope and budget
- Owns, via dotted line responsibilities, the skills development and career growth of the developers on the team being led. The architect is uniquely positioned to give highly contextual and relevant on-project training
- May be asked to manage a small team
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ year experience, 3+ years of experience designing solutions in an eCommerce or related domain.
- Computer Science or related degree.
- Hands on experience working with cloud solutions; AWS, Azure, or other.
- Experience with platforms such as Kafka and OSB or other.
- You will have experience acting as a SME for eCommerce architectures.
- Experience using CSS pre processors such as SASS or LESS
- General understanding of UI design principles and best practices
- Well versed in responsive design and implementation
- Comfortable consuming visual designs in Photoshop or Illustrator for translation into markup
- General understanding of software design principals
- Able to give and receive honest, constructive feedback to others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous consulting experience
- Able to design, write, debug, and deploy applications
- Strong object oriented programming skills; experience in other paradigms a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Solid pre-sales experience
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.)
For more information, visit www.projekt202.com or find us on Twitter @projekt202.
For more information please visit www.projekt202.com to hear from our leadership team on why you should join us on this amazing journey!
Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.
Read Full Job Description