Automation Engineer - AWS Infrastructure
- Help design, implement, and support performant and secure AWS automation solutions
- Join in our mission to revolutionize healthcare for everyone
- Enjoy the view from our fantastic offices in downtown Seattle
Xealth, Seattle's most exciting healthcare startup, is growing!
We created Xealth with the mission to improve physician efficiency and patient outcomes. We do this by enabling doctors to order the right digital health solutions for the patient directly from their existing interfaces. Incubated at Providence, we’re disrupting healthcare from the inside, and are proud to be changing lives through technology.
Having recently announced both a major new funding round and commercial partnership, we’re looking for a talented Automation Engineer (or DevOps Engineer) to help improve our AWS cloud infrastructure and automation. We’re an innovative SaaS provider, working on a modern tech-stack, and leverage the best in Automation, DevOps, and CI/CD solutions for AWS. In this role you’ll be instrumental to improving scale, performance, and engineering velocity at Xealth - and our overall goal of improving healthcare for everyone.
As an Automation Engineer at Xealth, you will:
- Maintain and improve our end-to-end AWS automation (Terraform) and CI/CD systems (CodePipeline & CodeBuild) systems
- Manage and automate the configuration and deployment of our Linux infrastructure on AWS
- Build DevOps automation systems with a focus on security
- Develop custom scripting and tooling as needed
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, speak up when you see issues
- Make a real, positive difference in other people's lives through your work
Our ideal Engineer for this role will have:
- Strong experience working with AWS infrastructure for the modern web
- Hands-on experience automating the deployment and configuration of AWS infrastructure (we use Terraform but any similar tool would be great, too)
- Working knowledge of Linux systems and how to secure them, ideally in the cloud
- Startup or small company experience, or a desire to expand your abilities in a small, cross-functional team
- CS degree or relevant industry experience
- Bonus points for: Public code or a cool personal project to share, DevOps on AWS, K8s and/or Docker, CodePipeline/CodeBuild, exposure to EMR systems or other healthcare apps
"Xealth will dramatically improve the connection between patients and clinicians."
- Rod Hochman, MD, President & CEO, Providence St. Joseph Hospital
Xealth enables healthcare teams to order digital content, services, and OTC items as easily as they do medications. Patients can then access these digital health prescriptions from the provider's portal, so that they can actively manage their health - improving both client care, and the doctor-client relationship.
Xealth spun out of Providence St. Joseph's Digital Integration Group and raised $8.5 million last year. Based in Seattle, the company was founded by the team of serial entrepreneurs behind Swype, an innovative keyboard that reach over 1 billion users, and Boost Mobile, now a Sprint service generating over $5 billion in revenue.
Learn more about us at www.xealth.io