VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America’s #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. Our Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focuses on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.
The primary responsibility of the Automation Engineer is to design, develop and further automate the infrastructure for VIZIO’s Software & Services Division. You will use your experience to implement solutions that make our development process more efficient and take us to state of the art continuous integration and deployment.
- Automating build, release/deployment, manual processes and workflows for our datacenter and cloud environments
- Work with engineers to ensure that software builds happen predictably, consistently and reliably
- Support and improve our tools, infrastructure, and processes that support rapid and reliable delivery of high-quality software to our production service
- Design, build, and maintain automated test frameworks and tools.
- Work with engineers to integrate testing scripts into the existing and newly developed deployment process.
- Identify quality issues and recommend improvements or corrections to developers.
- Advocate for improving our build and release toolchain.
- Manage deployment activities of development and production releases including troubleshooting of release blockers such as infrastructure, configuration, and code
- Manage branching strategies for several development projects
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in entire SDLC, CI/CD tools, with configuration & release management, deployments and troubleshooting in cloud environments
- Ability to write and debug code
- Experience with one or more strongly typed language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux systems
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, Git, Github, and code branching/merging strategies
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS or Azure
Nice to have:
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Jenkins, Puppet
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup-like environment
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran