Are you passionate about helping people use technology to solve problems? Do you love being a part of an exciting and innovative environment? Join Amazon IT Services! We’re looking for people who strive to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
Amazon’s Corporate Infrastructure Services (CIS) is seeking bright, adaptable, and hardworking applicants to join our IT Services organization as an Audiovisual (AV) Deployment Engineer. This role will be responsible for remote and onsite configuration and testing of audiovisual systems to support new and existing deployments at Amazon corporate sites.
The right candidate will possess a strong background in AV engineering with focused technical experience with audiovisual technologies and large-scale hardware deployments. The candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an ever-changing environment, identify opportunities for efficiency and automation in the delivery process, and not be hindered by abrupt changes in a project.
This role will require clear, concise communication, bias for action, and strong ownership in dealing with project responsibilities. The successful candidate will need skill in identifying and documenting technical problems. The role requires an ability to deliver on responsibilities while continually raising Amazon’s quality bar. Problem solving skills and thriving in high-pressure environments are essential to success in this role.
· Configure audiovisual devices remotely using scripts and deployment tools
· Configure, tune, and test audiovisual devices onsite
· Modify existing deployment scripts/automation to improve or enhance capabilities and performance
· Write new scripts or create tooling to automate tasks
· Track project assignments and adjust personal schedule based on project priorities
· Plan travel and make travel bookings to support onsite project deliveries
· Communicate with Amazon AV project delivery manager on project status
· Escalate issues to Amazon AV design and engineering teams
· Communicate with external vendors including AV integrators
· 4+ years of AV engineering or relevant experience
· 4+ years of deploying and/or supporting audiovisual systems and devices
· 4+ years of experience with configuring industry-standard AV technologies such as: Cisco videoconferencing systems, QSC and Biamp DSPs, Dante, and Shure microphone systems
· InfoComm/AVIXA CTS certified
· Experience scripting using PowerShell
· Familiarity with AWS stack and serverless architecture
· Experience writing process and technical documentation