Back-End Developer/SW Engineer 1 (Java, Python, Spring Boot, AWS) at Accolade
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.Job Description
Accolade Service Engineering Developers play a critical role in delivering game changing applications to our end users. You will be responsible for the design, architecture and development of services that extend the scope of our microservice platform, and you will drive multiple product feature areas end-to-end.
We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial individuals to innovate and capture the market on a mission to better the lives of millions of people. If you have far-reaching vision and are passionate about building game-changing products and services that delight customers, then this is a great opportunity to join a team that’s fundamentally changing the health care experience.
A day in the life…
- Build and maintain RESTful services on our new, V1 cloud platform
- Creating microservices architecture in Java, Spring Boot, Python, TypeScript and AWS technologies (DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, EC2, Lambda)
- Adding new services, new capabilities and refactoring existing code
- Participate in daily standups, weekly brainstorming sessions and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Fix bugs and add features
- Develop features across multiple services within our platform
- Write clean, testable, readable and maintainable code that can be rapidly deployed at internet scale
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Math or relevant field
- 1-2 years of professional software development experience in Java and/or Python
- Experience with cloud infrastructure AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- General knowledge of microservices and live-site SOA
- Experience with services using REST, and open source frameworks (Spring, Tomcat, etc.)
- Agile methodology expertise
- Experience with software management tools such as Jira preferred
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git preferred)
- Proficiency in debugging code bases, designing APIs, writing unit tests and testable code
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good team player who contributes to creating a positive and fun work environment
- Experience building software for the healthcare industry and/or medical informatic
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members, and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. We aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.