Back-End Engineer III (Java/Scala/Python & AWS) at Accolade
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.Job Description
The Back-End Engineer III is responsible for the design, development, and operation of services and/or web applications. As a valuable member of the team, you will drive multiple product features or a substantial single one, deliver them with high quality, and work as part of a team to monitor and operate your services in production.
A day in the life…
- Work with Product Management and Development Lead to define the scope and requirements
- Work with Development Lead/Manager to effectively Design, Architect and plan the delivery of the proposed scope and to independently and proactively overcoming obstacles
- Help with hiring and interviewing prospective team members
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time with high quality for team and as an individual
- Effectively communicate status updates, manage expectations for the stakeholders and demonstrate creative, technical, and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in the areas of technical ownership
- Ongoing interest in continuing to grow and develop interpersonal and technical skills
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 4+ years of professional experience delivering software applications and/or services in a public cloud environment with a preference for experience with Amazon AWS stack (ECS/EKS, DynamoDB, Lambda, RDS, Spring, Maven, etc.)
- Highly proficient in at least 2 of the following languages: Python, Java or Scala including demonstrated experience delivering production code in containerized and/or serverless production environments
- Technical driver for an agile team managing a large or complex feature
- Desire to supervise tasks completed by the team, including clarifying ambiguity regarding technical, feature and architectural roadmap for members of the team
- Design one or more complex features/components and influence architecture of all relevant components, learn about latest trends in architecture/design/trade-offs and share your knowledge with the team
- Proactively look for areas to improve on coding/design patterns, establish and own the guidelines and serve as a thought leader in those areas
- Consistently deliver high quality features and components end-to-end; take overall responsibility of the quality of the architecture of all related components in the agile team, own the monitoring and live site strategy for the components including setting mean time to restore (MTTR) goals, take proactive action planning for the future issues, and drive the feature lifecycle by setting the process to support continuous improvement
- Experience in Healthcare especially with HIPAA compliance system design/architecture is preferred
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.