Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are a small team of engineers that operate as the “rapid reaction force” tasked with one goal - make our cloud based digital evidence platform the best in the world for our law enforcement customers. We achieve this by working across all of our cloud services to undertake select new features and improvements quickly, in a way that our customers notice within weeks not months. Our efforts enhance our customers direct satisfaction with our digital evidence service in a timely, tangible way that is unlike many other software teams.
We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
You are a Senior Backend Software Engineer with experience building large-scale cloud-based software applications. You have a deep interest in backend technologies and services - making them better, easier to maintain and more performant. You thrive in a customer focused environment where your day to day efforts are having a direct, positive impact on our customers and company.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Backend service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- You influence your peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- You love delighting end customers and hunger for novel challenges
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable code and tests for web applications
- Interest in managing a small team of developers
- You are passionate about quality design, code, tools and architectures
- Consistently solve complex technical issues within a equally complex stack faster than your peers
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- An encouraging parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Was duplicate attached to 20DEM04x.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.