Cloud Security Engineer
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
We are a security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privileged position of supporting a security first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
As a member of the Cloud Security Team you will build, own and maintain critical security infrastructure to support Auth0’s production operations. We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer who is passionate about developing reliable and scalable systems and wants to build tools and drive automation.
We will support your development, encourage you to open source the tools we build and present at conferences. This is an exciting time to join Auth0 as we are growing quickly - providing plenty of opportunities to learn and implement new technologies.
In this role you will:
- Design, build and maintain the systems that help keep Auth0 secure
- Automate security process to reduce as much manual effort as possible
- Build integrations between various alerting, metrics, and logging systems
- Build and operate Cloud scale infrastructure which supports and secures Auth0’s Productions environment
- Develop tooling to make security frictionless for Auth0 engineers
- Participate in the on-call rotation to support the systems you build
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of AWS services and security controls
- Knowledge of network security architecture (e.g VPNs, SSH bastions, etc)
- Write clean, readable, and maintainable code (we mostly write Python)
- A knack for automation and instrumentation
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with log collection and analysis (e.g. Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Sumo Logic etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description