Cloud Security Engineer
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises.
Auth0 has raised more than $210 million in funding to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture. We are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries. Come join us!
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
We are a security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privileged position of supporting a security first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
As a member of the Cloud Security Team you will build, own and maintain critical security infrastructure to support Auth0’s production operations. We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer who is passionate about developing reliable and scalable systems and wants to build tools and drive automation.
We will support your development, encourage you to open source the tools we build and present at conferences. This is an exciting time to join Auth0 as we are growing quickly - providing plenty of opportunities to learn and implement new technologies.
In this role you will:
- Design, build and maintain the systems that help keep Auth0 secure
- Automate security process to reduce as much manual effort as possible
- Build integrations between various alerting, metrics, and logging systems
- Build and operate Cloud scale infrastructure which supports and secures Auth0’s Productions environment
- Develop tooling to make security frictionless for Auth0 engineers
- Participate in the on-call rotation to support the systems you build
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of AWS services and security controls
- Knowledge of network security architecture (e.g VPNs, SSH bastions, etc)
- Write clean, readable, and maintainable code (we mostly write Python)
- A knack for automation and instrumentation
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with log collection and analysis (e.g. Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Sumo Logic etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description