Community Engineer at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:40 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
The mission of the Community Engineer (CE) is to partner with the Community Lead with the goal of build, grow, and maintain a Community for Developers interested in Auth0 products. As part of that mission, the CE's role is to provide a great experience to developers participating in the Forum/Community utilizing excellent and quick technical support and follow-up. Also, to interact, oversee, and motivate forum participants from a technical perspective.
As a CE, not only will you help developers integrate Auth0 into their solutions, but you will also be shaping how the developer community perceives Auth0.
- Interact with developers worldwide to help them integrate Auth0 into their products and solve technical issues they run into, mainly through the forum, by directly answering questions not covered by the community
- Help community members by enriching the quality of the discussions (both questions and answers). Participate directly in the forum, getting insights, discussing with developers, etc.
- Detect valuable patterns for the rest of the company from the Forum questions (i.e., valuable docs to produce, etc.)
- Partner closely with others in the Community team to provide technical advisory to the initiatives around the community
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve customer-facing challenges, relay product/documentation feedback, and positively affect shared initiatives
- Track, triage, and follow up on community questions throughout their life-cycle
- Build proof of concept and sample applications
- Bring innovative, state-of-the-art ideas to optimize our support, processes, tools, etc. and ultimately, our users’ experience
- Collaborate with the Social Media team on responding to customers on Twitter, Stack Overflow, and Wordpress.org
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter — able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams
- You love to code and solve technical issues varying in complexity and technology
- Good at empathizing with developers and have experience with troubleshooting environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) and passionate about talking to customers
- Enjoy writing and teaching, capable of explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand language
- Have experience with dealing with a forum and are comfortable with a remote working environment
- Proven experience working or participating in a developer community
- Experience working with and troubleshooting APIs
- Attention to detail and the ability to quickly pick up and audit programming languages
- Experience with OAuth2 and OpenID Connect
- Experience with the Discourse platform
- Experience cultivating and growing a community
- Experience building a social media presence
- You love to contribute to the open-source community
- Fluent communication in languages other than English and Spanish
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.