Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a member of Remitly's internal tooling team you will evaluate, develop, deploy, and support new tooling for a variety of internal teams. You will be connecting integrations and developing systems to automate functions between HR, IT, and our in house developed systems. Projects will require building new software and systems, working with internal teams to understand requirements, and integrating with vendors and third party systems. You'll work closely with the IT team to help automate employee lifecycles and manage access to Remitly resources with the goal of providing our internal customers with wonderful technology experience. You will also provide training for IT and other teams and be on the escalation path for supporting the systems we build.
- Deploy internal tools from point of internal request to hand off to IT Support or internal team
- Train technical and non technical team members on the administration of internal software
- Write documentation for new systems and processes
- Provide insight on IT policy and procedures as we mature our administration practices
- Provide a path of escalation for IT on internal and SaaS software supported by our team.
- Gather requirements from internal stakeholders, evaluate options, select tools or develop them internally, and implement solutions.
- Manage/administer integrations with apps like Okta, G Suite, Zoom, Slack, AWS, Jira, GitHub, PagerDuty, Confluence, NetSuite, Ultipro, IronClad, and OneTrust, to provide some examples.
- Write code as part of building and maintaining internal tools.
- Clearly communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Provide excellent support for internal customers and liaise with vendors when escalating issues as necessary.
You will have:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language is required (Go, Java, C#, Python… etc.)
- Ability to mentor and train other team members
- A thorough understanding of the principles of networking and the OSI model and DHCP, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- A passion for learning new technologies and systems.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills - this position includes external interactions and requires you to collaborate with providers and co-workers of diverse technical expertise
- The ability to work autonomously and make decisions as an owner on the team.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer