About the Company
Qumulo is the leader in Hybrid Cloud File Storage, providing real-time visibility, scale and control of your data across on-prem and cloud. Qumulo’s real-time analytics enable customers to understand their storage at a granular level, detect bottlenecks and accelerate performance. Built to scale across data center and cloud, Qumulo enables programmatic configuration and management of usage, capacity and performance. Qumulo’s innovative approach continuously delights customers with new capabilities, 100% usable capacity and direct access to experts.
See storage made simple at www.qumulo.com.
About the Position
Our Corporate Sales Engineer will support Qumulo’s Inside Sales team out of the Seattle office and act as the technical sales advisor who demonstrates the technical benefits of Qumulo’s solution to our prospects and customers. This position requires a self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and proactively, while applying a high level of business and technical acumen to a variety of situations. The Corporate Sales Engineer will be expected to own technical communication for Inside Sales with customers, resellers and internal departments regarding Qumulo’s product and ongoing projects. This role will report directly to the Sales Engineering Director for US West.
- Primary duties will be to support Qumulo’s Inside sales team in the Seattle office as a technical sales advisor who demonstrates technical benefits of Qumulo’s solution to our prospects and customers.
- Assist prospects and customers with demonstrations, system configurations, and answers to technical questions and be responsible for removing technical barriers in the sales process through opportunity qualification, product demonstrations, and technical presentations.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on Qumulo and competitive storage products.
- Provide technical training to Inside Sales Representatives to translate technical features into customer value.
- Proactively follow up on outstanding proposals, generated leads, customer requests, etc. in an effort to drive sales growth objectives for the company.
- Work with established programs and sizing tools to provide customers with product performance solutions that meet and exceed their expectations.
- Work closely with Customer Success, Product Management and Alliances
- 5-7 years of sales experience (storage industry preferred) or equivalent experience in either pre or post sales environments.
- Strong phone presence and experience in a high-volume customer interaction environment.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex technical topics and a strong ability to listen well.
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentations.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging NAS storage architectures (SAN,DAS,Object a plus)
- Familiarity with cloud platforms including AWS, GCP and Azure
- Passion for technology and aptitude and interest to learn.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Demonstrated listening, written communication and product presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects, in real-time scenarios.
- Domestic, overnight travel 5-10% of the time.
- Salesforce.com experience required.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience preferred.
*Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background screening
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.