Customer Success Architect
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
The Customer Success Architect (CSA) is a customer facing role requiring a unique combination of technical knowledge, vision and leadership. The CSA owns the technical guidance and leadership in key customers, driving them to ongoing success with the Auth0 platform, and working in partnership with the Auth0 Customer Success Manager and the Auth0 Solutions Architects. The CSA works closely with customers from onboarding to go-live and throughout the customer lifecycle. The CSA is directly responsible for technical solutions related to customer Identity and Access Management and is accountable to both the customer and Auth0.
- You will work in partnership with Customer Success Managers (CSM) to accelerate successful adoption and growth within enterprise customer accounts. CSMs focus on the business relationship and leadership while the CSA will focus on technical relationships and leadership. Together, you’ll be a trusted advisor team for our strategic customers.
- You will be your customers trusted advisor in all matters related to identity and access management for their applications, as well as application security considerations.
- You will be responsible for advancing customers identity management and integration maturity by providing guidance around common patterns and best practices, as well as anti-patterns.
- You will provide the customer with architectural guidance and technical leadership, helping translate business and security requirements into technical requirements and projects Auth0 can fulfill.
- You will help customers to set up centers for Auth0 enablement, including identifying, supporting the training of Auth0 experts and building knowledge and code repositories. You will identify technical projects that can be driven by the Auth0 Professional Services team and oversee the successful management and execution of these projects within your customer base.
- You will provide a support handover at customer go-live, collating and providing all technical and architectural documentation specific to the customer’s integration to set up Auth0’s Customer Success team for success.
- You will feedback your real world technical experience with customers through engineering, content and product teams to advocate for customer needs, product improvements and provide training/knowledge transfer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or another engineering discipline is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years working as a Software Engineer, Software Architect or a Consultant
- Previous Professional Services experience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience with at least one web development language/technology e.g. NodeJS, .NET, Java, etc.
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols and application security.
- Proven experience in architecting and implementing cloud and hybrid solutions with AWS, Azure, Heroku or other cloud platforms, including mobile platforms.
- Experience in designing and developing APIs and RESTFul services.
- Experience with web security best practices and standards.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, etc.
- Familiar with application integration design patterns.
- Familiar with DevOps processes e.g. continuous integration, etc.
- Familiarity with the whole development lifecycle including modern development tools, languages and frameworks, continuous integration/deployments tools and monitoring, performance and optimization practices.
- Ability to evaluate security solution architecture from an application perspective and make recommendations for improvement in relation to identity, authentication and security, making use of the Auth0 platform.
- Ability to evaluate and connect technical needs with line of business needs. This could include explaining technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders as required.
- Experience with championing and driving the development of product software features and extensions by working in conjunction with internal engineering teams. Deep passion for making customers successful and expanding their use of Auth0 products and services.
- Comfort in multitasking across parallel work streams, juggling different roles and priorities in each.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to set expectations and communicate goals and objectives with customers at various levels, from a developer to a CIO.
- Ability to communicate, influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels in order to achieve successful outcomes for the customer and Auth0.
- Ability to work in a remote setting with remote co-workers.
- Up to 40% travel may be required.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description