Datacenter Security Architect at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Service Engineering Core team is responsible for maintaining the command and control system, which manages ServiceNow’s hosting infrastructure.
The Security Architect is responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing security protocols. The Security Architect is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products. In addition to anticipating possible security threats and identifying areas of weakness in a network system, the Security Architect must respond promptly and effectively to possible breaches of security.
What you get to do in this role:
- Review current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Conduct regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Conduct breach of security drills
- Ensure all system access is limited by the principle of least privilege
- Promptly respond to all security incidents and provide thorough post-event analyses
- Set up countermeasures that protect the system in response to unauthorized access attempts
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
- 8+ years experience securing enterprise architecture
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.