Detection and Response Engineer at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:33 p.m. (PST) on Friday, May 24, 2019
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
We are a Security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privileged position of supporting a Security-first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
We are looking for a technical and hands-on Detection & Response Engineer who is passionate about protecting Auth0’s customers, employees and brand. The successful candidate will have a mix of deep technical knowledge, and a demonstrated background in information security.
- Respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Build automation workflows for common response scenarios.
- Act as an escalation point after automated triage of alerts.
- Perform variant analysis and root cause analysis to find systematic bugs.
- Develop creative solutions to complex security problems which balance business needs and risk.
- Keep knowledge and skills current to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape.
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities
- Excellent analytical thinking, time management and coordination skills and excellent command in English (both written and verbal).
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of common attacks vectors.
- Familiarity/experience with AWS services and security concepts.
- Experience with common security monitoring, log analysis and forensic tools.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Have a passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent OR 3-5 years working in a high-demand security team
- Experience working as part of a Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) or Security Operations Team
Examples of our Engineering Culture:
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description