Developer at Geocaching HQ
About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our mobile apps and Geocaching.com website allow a global community of millions of people to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
What you’ll do:
As a contributing member of our engineering team, you will:
- Develop highly scalable and maintainable services
- Write code that is fully supportive of modern unit and integration test patterns
- Solve complex technical problems in a collaborative environment, providing guidance to others as appropriate
- Follow an agile software development methodology using Kanban or Scrum
- Adhere to the architectural design and patterns established by the team
- Understand how implementation decisions impact performance on our infrastructure
- Interact with key stakeholders at all levels
- Proactively propose new technologies and/or practices
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on developer using recent technologies such as C#, SQL and the .NET framework
- Proficient with scalable service oriented architectures, relational databases, queuing and caching solutions
- Experience and dedication to quality programming practices and approaches
- Experience in Agile environments using Kanban or Scrum methodologies
- Willingness to adapt quickly to new and changing technical environments
- Passionate about sharing your knowledge and talents with the team
- Experience and commitment to writing clean and testable code
- Have an understanding of Front End technologies such as HTML, CSS, React
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the latest cloud technologies
- Industry experience working within an embedded team of Product, Designers, and/or QA
- Experience working in a continuous integration/delivery environment
- Bachelor’s degree with MIS or Computer Science emphasis, or equivalent experience
- Exemplifies our company values -- effectiveness, authenticity, passion -- in actions and behaviors
- Superb communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations
- Desire to learn and a “quick study” with new concepts, systems, and technologies
- Self-starting, self-directed, self-aware, and open to coaching/feedback
- Regularly achieve consensus with peers
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time. In this position you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our core company values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.