Are you interested in building, deploying, and automating the Cloud? If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact, then Expedia Global Payments is the place for you. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about new technology, bringing a world class continuous delivery system to a critical component of Expedia’s core technology.
Expedia Global Payments platform processes over $80 billion in 55+ currencies from over 155 countries every year, across diverse payment options.
What you’ll do:
Our team builds and delivers cloud infrastructure automation to support all Expedia Global Payments microservices.
- Build and maintain systems to centralize logging, monitoring, and observability
- Build common tools to streamline and standardize development
- Build, support, and deploy AWS infrastructure across Lab and Production accounts
- Participate in planning work and identify areas of improvement
- Interact with other engineers to build and influence cloud design decisions
- Develop and maintain internal documentation
Who you are:
To be successful in this role, you will need
- A passion to build, create and automate cloud resources at scale
- 7+ years experience in a role with previous Cloud and Systems automation
- High degree of proficiency within all phases of Build, Release and DevOps methodologies
- You understand DNS, TCP/IP and networking concepts and how they apply to a Cloud-based environment.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language: Bash, Python, Ruby, GoLang
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as within a team, and work well to meet deadlines within short time constraints
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
The following competences would be a plus
- Experience using immutable infrastructure: Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef
- Experience with Palo Alto, Netscaler, Bind, or other infrastructure technologies
- Experience with Splunk, Jenkins, GitHub, or similar DevOps technologies
- Experience with Red Hat / CentOS or other Linux variants
- Experience with container workloads and management of related systems
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.