DevOps Engineer at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Are you experienced with performance monitoring tools and reporting results? Trupanion, North America’s fastest-growing pet insurance provider, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to assist with a company-wide effort to move to full CI/CD for all software deployments. The role requires experience successfully building scalable systems to support the rapid growth of our company. This person will Work with Development, Program Management, and Operations to enforce standard methodologies for software development across multiple teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Be a champion for our customers by designing and implementing tools and automation frameworks to enable CI/CD build and release pipelines. This is accomplished by utilizing industry proven Build Systems (Azure DevOps), Version Control Systems (Git, TFVC), Work Management Applications (Azure DevOps, JIRA), Distributed Operating Systems (Kubernetes), Application Containers (Docker), and Monitoring Tools (PRTG, ElasticSearch).
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and configuring development environments and tools to enhance development acceleration.
- 5+ years of technical experience supporting Windows / SQL Server / .NET solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with source control systems, build systems and release management tools.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Hands-on experience with Git and the Microsoft-centric SDLC development tools (Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, TFS, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipeline systems and other release automation systems.
- Ability to communicate with internal business leaders to ensure technical solutions align with and support business needs.
- Experience with logging (Elastic Stack) and monitoring systems (PRTG).
- Experience with Agile software development organizations.
- Experience driving big-picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining solid attention to detail.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.