Director of Active Defense
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 2.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
We are a security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privileged position of supporting a security first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
We are looking for a Security leader to run our Security Operations department within the Auth0 Security Engineering organisation. This includes running dedicated teams focused on Detection and Response, Cloud Security and general Security Operations. You don’t have to have run a SecOps team before, but you need to have been part of leading a team doing it well. You need to be a passionate people manager, and you need to be ready to take the next step in your career.
This is an exciting time to join Auth0 as we are growing quickly and this role is an opportunity to drive the expansion of our Security team.
- Create a vision for modern cloud-centric Active Defense and SecOps at scale.
- Develop a roadmap for that vision and be accountable for its delivery.
- Lead teams of Security Engineers to deliver great security infrastructure and develop the leaders of those teams.
- Collaborate with other Internal security engineering and compliance teams to build a single Security vision for Auth0. And, build strong relationships with external security teams and organisations.
- Build processes, frameworks and metrics to improve delivery and measure your success
- Hire a diverse team - fostering a collaborative and an inclusive environment.
- Develop a strong relationship with Auth0’s Product Engineering teams; influencing their roadmaps.
- Several years of experience in a security engineering management role.
- Previous experience working as a Security Engineer and delivering engineering projects. I.e. you are still technical enough to contribute to key design decisions.
- Proven record hiring and attracting talented Engineers in this competitive market.
- Great organisational and project management skills.
- You’re an excellent communicator and are comfortable working in a distributed environment.
- Comfort managing a remote, globally distributed team
- Exposure to agile release processes and supporting tools and infrastructure.
- Experience managing other managers.
- Experience in a high growth start-up environment, building and iterating on teams to match a high rate of company-wide growth.
- Experience in large scale Cloud Environments
- UTC -8 to UTC -4 time zones
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description