Director of Cybersecurity at LevelTen Energy
The Director of Cybersecurity role will contribute to LevelTen Energy’s success by developing and implementing policies, procedures, and technologies to safeguarding key information assets and systems against unauthorized use, disclosure, damage or loss. The person accepting this role will lead global security operations, threat management, security engineering, privacy controls and disaster recovery across all technology and systems at LevelTen.
This is a hands-on role that requires owning and executing on our information security plan, participating with engineering teams in application design and deployment and managing a small team of operations engineers. Responsibilities include working with our CTO, vendors and partners to safeguard our applications and critical data; providing technical consultation to engineering teams; setting goals and advancing the organization’s security, data privacy and disaster recovery plans, and maintaining adherence to applicable compliance and governance requirements, while balancing risk with operational business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Leading information security policy, standards and controls development and integration in a high-growth company
- Experience with collaborative work environments and ability to influence decisions across functional areas
- Leading and getting results from cross-functional work groups
- Experience with defining security risks in the context of business requirements, and driving consensus on risk management
- Knowledge of information security best practices, such as the NIST framework, ISO/IEC 27032:2012, The ISF Standard of Good Practice for Information Security.
- Knowledge of personal privacy requirements including GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Progressive experience in leading within an information security program, including security operations, engineering and application security
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to interact with senior leadership and corporate customers
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Effective management and supervisory skills, including planning, organizing, developing and monitoring partner performance
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to adapt existing policies to specific situations and selects from among varied courses of action
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Ability to understand and incorporate technology trends into designs and plans
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Advanced knowledge of system architecture and design principles, practices and enabling tools
- Ability to advise and influence executive management regarding security best practices, security risk analysis and security risk mitigation
Benefits / Perks
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- 10 paid company holidays
- Flexible vacation policy
- Awesome location in Fremont, outside of the downtown Seattle chaos, with a deck overlooking Lake Union
- Casual dress code
- Onsite bike lockers/storage, gym and showers
- Standing desk options
- Monthly company-sponsored happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
Why Work Here?
Put simply, we believe in Instigating Progress, Self Belief, Professionalism and a Bias For Action. If these resonate with you, let's talk!
LevelTen Energy is the safest and most cost-effective way for corporate and institutional (C&I) customers to procure wholesale renewable energy through power purchase agreements (PPAs). LevelTen Energy created the industry’s first renewable energy procurement platform built to reduce the cost, complexity and risk of renewable energy PPAs by connecting buyers and sellers through analytics, aggregation and process best practices. By bringing liquidity and transparency to renewable power markets, LevelTen is mobilizing untapped corporate clean power demand and decarbonizing the grid more rapidly.