Director of Engineering, Infrastructure
- Inspire, recruit, develop, and manage top tier talent to work on modern and exciting infrastructure systems across multiple teams, layers, and continents.
- Develop close relationships with stakeholders across the organization and impact our business by accelerating those teams roadmaps via technological decisions paying dividends over long time periods.
- Extend our decision horizon and drive accountability by leading your teams through a quarterly planning, goal setting, and retrospective effort.
- Play a critical role in the development of the global technology budget and drive processes to manage to that budget.
- Develop, maintain, and manage to metrics which demonstrate the health of our systems, teams, and projects.
- Effectively decompose ambiguous strategic goals into programs and projects and ensure the team understands and executes to deliver results.
- Offer mentorship and direction around people management, vision, strategy, and technical design
- While this role does not involve writing code, we are looking for someone with a software engineering background.
- Experience with large-scale consumer-facing web sites running in cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding of some subset of SRE, DevOps, SOA, machine learning, cloud IaaS, and PaaS and an eagerness to learn the rest.
- Experience with Rover’s technology stack or similar: Amazon Web Services, Python / Django, Docker, Elastic Search
- Experience managing multilayer engineering organizations, including experience managing managers, individual contributors, and non-engineering resources.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of progressive development practices and how to adapt them situationally
- Experience managing numerous engineering teams in multiple locations including in-house, near-shore, and offshore
- Ability to balance long term, strategic vision with the need to continually deliver on short-term SLAs and incremental feature requests
- Your values align with Rover's Core Values
- We are proud to be professional software developers who build high quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices, including a continuous deployment pipeline with automated testing and deployment. Our engineers merge their branches and they ship!
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation and maintain thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and focused on decision-making with split testing.
- Our teams are integrated teams with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)