Director of Engineering at RealSelf
About the Role:
RealSelf is changing the way consumers shop for modern beauty products and services. Our marketplace team is driving the technology that serves doctors, clinicians, and brands who RealSelf connects with millions of consumers on a monthly basis. Come lead a team that is key to our mission to be the go-to advisor for medical aesthetic decisions and purchases, building tools like booking systems and provider insights.
We are looking for someone who wants to be the technical leader of our Marketplace solutions team and play a key role in leading those responsible for the supply side of our business. You will play a critical role in our customer centered, real-time engineering team.
In this role you will:
- Manage and scale multiple engineering teams with 2-4 managers working across the stack (Mobile, Web, API, Backend platform and core services).
- Have the ability to ask the right questions, evaluate tradeoffs and lead teams to solutions that solve real problems.
- Develop an engineering culture that enables quality and craftsmanship.
- Value simplicity and impact, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn new things.
- Be deeply curious, driven to understand our business, product, and technology, and to apply that knowledge to create better outcomes.
- Make and influence decisions critical to the organization’s success at the highest levels through networks and long-term strategic relationships developed across all levels of the organization.
- Be able to work with Product Management, Sales, Designers and Support teams to successfully deliver in a real time, customer centered environment.
- Act as a servant leader among other talented leaders and engineers.
- Recruit, Hire, and Mentor team members and support the development of healthy, collaborative, results focused teams.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You are looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an engineering org, as well as the product itself. You are looking to be the technical leader of the engineering org, where you are able to have a strong influence in the architecture and design of our code.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- More than 15 years of work experience in software engineering and development and 2+ years of being a leader of leaders.
- Ability to impact and guide quality engineering best practices across engineering teams
- Experience in building products with full stack technologies, with excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with agile development methodologies and leading a team through Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate and apply industry best standards and continual improvement across engineering teams
- Understood cost trade-offs between technology and business and delivered the best possible technology solutions
- Created and driven innovative solutions without over-engineering
- High emotional integrity to embrace and grow a diverse team
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this position
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.