Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
As a Director of Infrastructure, you will be responsible for Flyhomes technology infrastructure, managing our IT and DevOps teams. You will work with stakeholders across the business to develop and execute against a roadmap for our physical and cloud infrastructure, ensuring that we are continuously improving our security posture, meeting compliance requirements, and scaling our infrastructure as we grow.
What you will do:
- Lead and grow the IT and DevOps teams, responsible for recruiting, training, and coaching the team.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for IT and Devops to support the overall business goals and objectives, working in collaboration with engineering and business teams. Provides meaningful updates on progress to stakeholders.
- Assume responsibility for the entire network and system infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, implementation, maintenance, security and monitoring of firewalls, servers, data encryption and site connectivity.
- Design and implement strategic plans to ensure compute, network, and storage capacity meets existing and future business needs.
- Provide guidance and counsel on new technology investments that drive capability improvements consistent with business direction.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as state, federal and regulatory requirements, developing technology specific policies as needed.
- Effectively coach and manage IT professionals setting goals and priorities, refining delivery processes, and ensuring employee development opportunities are available.
- Manage vendor relations, negotiate vendor contracts, identify areas of opportunity for long term cost savings.
- Stay ahead of current industry trends, remain diligent about the need for security
- Promote collaboration with other tech teams.
What you will bring:
- 10+ years experience directly managing IT infrastructure and/or DevOps
- 3+ years overseeing multiple teams
- Knowledge and experience hosting common business applications in both on-prem and cloud environments
- Experience with modern cloud architecture, including containerization and infrastructure as code; ie Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Excellent attention to detail and process discipline
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Successful experience in implementing change management
- Comfortable working with senior business leadership in a collaborative environment
- Stays calm in the face of adversity and uncertainty
- Able to influence cross-functional groups
- Ability and willingness to travel in the US and to India (post-COVID)
- Strong organization skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Proven track record of assembling a high functioning team
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Healthcare benefits…obviously, plus contributions to HSA
- Flexible work schedules
- 401(k) + employer match
- Dog-friendly work environment (11 dogs…and counting!)
- Real estate license sponsorship
- And…drumroll please… rebates when buying / selling a home