Director of Product Security at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
We are a security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privileged position of supporting a security-first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
Auth0 is looking for a Security leader to run our Product Security and Vulnerability Management teams. Customer Trust is essential for our product, and we support the Product Delivery team’s goal to be secure by design. We are looking for an experienced Security leader who is comfortable with a complex global SaaS platform.
What you will do:
- Continue to raise the bar of our Product Development Lifecycle to ensure that all Auth0 products are secure by design.
- Provide the process and tools for Auth0’s Product Managers and Engineers to meet our security goals.
- Create frictionless paths for our Engineering teams to securely build and deploy applications.
- Partner with our peer Product Delivery leaders to help them understand and balance risk.
- Build a roadmap to appropriately scale our Product Security services inline with Auth0’s rapid growth.
- Drive an expansion of our Vulnerability Management Strategy, integrating and automating the industry’s best tools. Shifting security process left and reducing friction.
- Continually tune and grow our Bug Bounty.
- Champion the Security Engineering org internally and build a robust Security Engineering brand externally.
What you will bring:
- Exceptional software security technical experience, combined with an understanding of the realities of delivering Enterprise-scale software products.
- A track record of improving the security posture of complex SaaS products.
- A focus on using security metrics and risk management to guide our program and apply our resources efficiently.
- Several years of experience in a leadership role, particularly leading and developing managers, and driving successful cross-functional initiatives and programs.
- An ability to attract and retain talented Security Engineers in a competitive market.
- Excellent communicator and have comfort managing a remote, globally distributed team.
- Currently located in the United States.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description