Director of Security at Ekata
Ekata (formerly Whitepages Pro) provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
The Director of Security is responsible for developing, operating, and continuously improving Ekata’s information security and privacy programs. This role directs the company-wide vision, strategy, and programs to ensure information assets and system are protected; supports an information privacy and security-conscious culture; develops and implements information security initiatives; oversees monitoring and internal auditing of technical and administrative controls; manages relationships and work with third-party partners; and represents Ekata with both customer and independent assessors.
In the Director of Security role you will:
- Serve as an expert advisor to executive leadership in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a strong information security and privacy program.
- Author and maintain policies, standards, and procedures that demonstrate strong organizational governance.
- Configure and operate security tooling, including Tenable Security Center, Crowdstrike, and AlienVault SIEM.
- Maintain abreast of relevant threats, vulnerabilities, and control techniques.
- Coordinate incident response according to procedure and engage with third-party experts as necessary.
- Lead security risk management activities, including the assessment, tracking, and mitigation of risks.
- Forecast security and privacy expenditures and execute within budget.
- Provide subject matter expertise on relevant aspects of applicable regulation, including PCI, the GDPR and CCPA.
- Consult with Product and Engineering teams on current security and privacy best practices.
- Collaborate with legal and privacy functions to conduct reviews/audits, recommend policies and procedures.
- Participate in merger, acquisition, and divesture activities.
- Responsible for following all Ekata policies and procedures and employee code of conduct.
Our ideal Directory of Security will have:
- 5+ years of security experience in relevant security domains (e.g. access control, audit, security risk management, etc.), with 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience in a devops and/or SasS organization preferred.
- Strong familiarity with AWS architecture and services.
- One or more relevant industry certification, such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer.
- Presentation and communication skills to support security and privacy company-wide.
- Experience in planning complex projects (i.e., SDLC implementation, SIEM installation, PCI compliance etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience in managing day-to-day security operations with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and operating imperatives of the organization.
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.