Director, Technology - Insurance
Brand Expedia group is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive and influential technical leader to drive our product and technology roadmap that will enable significant growth of our Insurance business. As the Director, Technology, you will collaborate closely with business leaders and engineering leaders to build a platform and deliver products that enable Insurance business to delight millions of our customers. You will be responsible for building industry leading consumer facing products, supplier tools and partner connectivity that enables an optimal supply demand loop.
You will partner with our product management and supply teams to envision, create and build a platform that will operate with a high degree of operational excellence, wow our suppliers and inspire our industry peers. You will also be the go-to-person for questions, anticipate developers' needs, lead architecture, be a tie-breaker and evangelize the platform. You will be expected to independently identify problems that no one has seen and drive solutions. In this role, you are someone who stays up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide as well as within Expedia and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with your team and peers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements.
- Deliver results on complex projects involving cross functional teams across the company.
- Problem solve and explore solutions to current tools, processes and systems.
- Lead talented engineering managers and senior engineers who enjoy working on creative solutions, building large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment.
- You will lead technical discussions, be a subject matter expert and make difficult technical decisions.
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Own and champion engineering and operational excellence through establishment of group-wide metrics for measurement with a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement
- Set clear, measurable productivity quality goals for the organization
- Influence a diverse stakeholder base - business leaders, product development counterparts and partner technology organizations
- Passionate to drive a better customer experience for Expedia
Basic Qualifications -
- A consistent track record as a software development leader, including 10+ years of technical experience as a software developer, software development manager, director or related role
- Over 5 years of experience building and managing diverse and global 15+ person teams that design and deliver software product
- Over 5 years of experience of owning product work. Including; budgets and presenting resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Over 5 years of experience operating a complex system that is highly reliable
- Driven Player/Coach who's been successful hiring and developing software engineers to become high performing engineers
- Hands-on technical management, people management and mentoring experience
- Able to balance technical leadership with sound business judgment
- Experience coding in one of the following C++, Java, and/or PHP or related coding language.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience).
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
Preferred Qualifications –
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, from the new college hire engineer to an executive audience
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex web software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Do you believe in being Different, can you Lead Humbly, act as One Team, use the Scientific Method, Organize for Speed while remaining Transparent?
If you answered yes, you might just have what it takes to help us continue our mission to revolutionize travel through the power of technology - apply here!
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
For more information, visit http://www.expediainc.com/
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.