Engagement, Mobile and Trips provides the core capabilities for the Brand Expedia, Expedia Partner Solutions, and portfolio brands (Orbitz, Travelocity, Ebookers, etc) to build an immersive, personalized, and intelligent trip companion. Centered around providing an outstanding trip experience for travelers, we drive the core infrastructure around traveler communications, recommendations, trip planning, trip building, and our Connected Trips platform.
Are you a leader who is passionate about building an intelligent and personalized platform and experience to help travelers plan and build trips though out the traveler journey from initial exploration to the end of the trip? Consider Expedia Group!
What you'll do
- Lead and grow the team through architectural and technical guidance, mentoring and coaching
- Partner with EG Platform teams to drive creation of intelligent capabilities that can provide personalized recommendations for creating better trips
- Work lockstep with product management and customer experience to build compelling planning and shopping experience
- Execute on the BEX + EG tech strategy
- Craft and drive a technology strategy for the team
- Work with other EMT leaders to build a cohesive tech community that works together to build a world class trip experience
Who you are
- Have a consistent record of technical leadership
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and experience building intelligent systems
- Experience building native and web technologies a plus
- Expetise building large scale distributed systems
- Understand modern software architecture patterns
- Experience managing operation of high traffic experiences and APIs
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Read Full Job Description