Director, Threat Intelligence
Are you excited by the challenge of detecting and responding to security threats for a global technology company? Enterprise Risk & Security (ERS) is responsible for ensuring Expedia Group (EG) is secure, including the data, applications, technologies, and accounts for our travelers, employees, suppliers, and partners.
- Do you stay up-to-date on the latest methods and techniques for incident response, security monitoring, and threat analysis?
- Do you enjoy inspiring other leaders to build and run teams that achieve great results?
- Are you looking to make an impact and lead a global team at the forefront of protecting Expedia Group’s data and our travelers?
- Do you spend your free time researching Mitre ATT&CK and the cyber kill chain frameworks?
- Have an advanced understanding in one or more of the following areas: Cyber Threat Intelligence, Malware Analysis, Threat Detection, Indicator Curation, Threat Modeling, Security Monitoring Tools, and Managed Security Services
What You will do:
We are actively seeking a Director, Threat Intelligence. You will be a core member of our Security Operations' leadership team. You will drive operational security thought leadership throughout Expedia Group for intelligence-driven threat detection.
- You will lead a global team responsible for collaborating on the collection, analysis and curation of cyber threat information and ingestion of curated data to enrich Expedia Group’s threat detection controls
- You will fiercely advocate for the changes and improvements, so we can build an extraordinary threat detection practice
- You will enable the detection of threats against our diverse travel brands globally
- You'll monitor internal and external, open and closed data sources for information relevant to the protection of EG’s infrastructure, products and services
- You will establish meaningful measures to monitor and ensure your teams are performing and improving our services and functions provided
- You'll mentor team members, analysts, engineers & investigators in intelligence handling and collection
Who you are:
You are unafraid of challenges and relishes the opportunity to make transformative change and a positive impact. You are an experienced leader and analyst at heart, with strong communication skills, and expertise leading threat intelligence teams.
- You recruit, retain, and grow security analysts who have a bias to action, take ownership of problems, and seek out solutions
- You appreciate the challenges of relevant, timely, and effective cyber threat intelligence enabling EG to detect threats proactively and re-actively
- You deftly articulate complex information and security concepts to senior leaders and non-technical employees clearly while accurately portraying real risks and threats to the company
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent demonstrated IT/Operations work experience with an emphasis towards cyber threat intelligence collection, research, and analysis in a large scale 24/7 environment
- You have 10+ years of experience with a deep background in leading security analysts and threat intel researchers, including direct people management
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.