Director, Web Operations at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is seeking a passionate and talented Director, Web Operations is responsible for providing oversight of day to day management and leadership of technology teams providing technical support to our Blue Nile customers & employees. The leader we are looking to hire encourages cross-functional partnership and is accountable and responsive to leadership and stakeholders. He/She provides guidance and leadership to the team, but also directly supports users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues. Effective communication, leadership and problem-solving skills required.
Blue Nile seeks candidates who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment and demonstrate a record of achievement. The successful candidate will have strong problem solving skills, enthusiasm for learning new technologies, and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. Come make your mark at a small company where you have the opportunity to make a difference.
- Lead teams responsible for managing and administering essential IT operations and systems including servers, networked storage, networking equipment, connections to outside services, server room infrastructure, laptops, desktops, software and hardware
- Managing and selecting vendor and partner relationships, including providers of IT and network support services
- Developing and maintaining IT and Information Security governance, compliance programs, frameworks, policies and audit control
- Enhancing, maintaining and testing business continuity preparedness and disaster recovery infrastructure, including managing backups of data and virtual machines
- Oversee migration from on-prem solutions to cloud based storage and SAAS solutions
- Work with cross functional teams to define trade-offs on projects including priority, effort, impact, capacity planning & resource balancing, all while achieving growth opportunities for the team
- Identify and communicate technical risks and trade-offs to key stakeholders
- Oversee the management of Blue Nile’s Helpdesk, including 24x7 support, software licensing, optimizing employee experience with in office and remote work.
- Partner to support Blue Nile teams & employees looking to evaluate, deploy, secure, and manage 3rd party software solutions.
- Mentor, develop and guide Engineers & Help Desk Techs so they are empowered to do their best work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Preferred formal leadership experience in a technical field or on a technical team
- Solid technical background in Windows and Apple environments: Software, hardware, automation, administration
- Solid knowledge of IT technologies (e.g., operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, VPNs, and internet technologies
- Experience and interest in cyber security technologies
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experienced in root cause analysis using various problem-solving methodologies
- Ability to exercise judgment within procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Must build productive internal/external working relationships
- Ability to handle high pressure, prioritize work, and understand impact of duties
- Respond to metric/goal driven environment, take initiative to meet goals
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount