DITA Content Engineer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, so a career at ServiceNow means always challenging yourself to be better.
It’s an exciting transformational time at ServiceNow, where we are enabling our customers’ self-sufficiency. As part of this larger effort, the Product Content group is transforming the way ServiceNow writes and delivers product documentation. You will be part of a DevOps-style internal tools team responsible for maintaining and enhancing a DITA-based authoring and publishing tech stack that is used by 80+ globally distributed technical writers to generate product documentation that garners more than 3M pageviews per month.
What you get to do in this role:
- Identify opportunities and develop solutions to improve the efficiency of content lifecycle processes through automation.
- Participate in sprint planning and daily Scrum meetings to ensure the timely delivery of content delivery enhancements and technical content that create business value for both internal and external customers.
- Assist writing teams in troubleshooting and resolving authoring system and content build issues.
- Support a continuous delivery model while also enforcing quality, content structure, version control, and publishing strategies that support multiple deliverables, languages, and formats.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and continuously improve your technical skills.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technical Communication, or a related discipline, with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience and expertise in DITA, XML structures, or HTML5.
- Familiarity with source control systems, such as Git or Perforce.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with peers to lead by influence.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- A history of building productive working relationships.
- A dynamic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
Additional experience that is helpful, but not required:
- Working knowledge of Python, C/C++, Ruby, Java, or similar programming languages.
- Experience with the DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT).
- Agile/Scrum/Lean development methodology experience.
- Basic knowledge of Jenkins, Gradle, Ant, Maven, or equivalent.
- Experience working with globally distributed and diverse teams.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. Ours is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.