Embedded Systems Hardware Engineer at Pivotal Commware
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:53 a.m. (PST) on Friday, December 13, 2019
Pivotal’s Holographic Beamforming Antenna system is a customizable product solution that can interface with a wide variety of external products and as such, the Embedded Systems Hardware Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the required hardware interfaces. This position will be responsible for receiving integration requirements and assisting in the design and implementation of needed solutions primarily for bus protocol interfaces, microcontrollers and embedded Linux based systems.
The Embedded Systems Hardware Engineer position will work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment working closely with a small group of scientists, engineers and business leaders. This position reports to the Director of Product Development but will also work closely with the Research Department under the CTO.
• Design and schematic capture of complete embedded hardware solutions including interfacing with peripherals using standard hardware interfaces such as PCIE, SPI, I2C and Ethernet
• Hardware design of peripheral interfaces including: DAC, ADC, IMU, temperature sensors, memory; etc.
• Document requirements and design boards with ARM-based Embedded Linux systems and 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers
• Work with verification and test engineers to develop bring-up and validation plans of new hardware systems
• Interact with engineers in other disciplines (mechanical, software, test, etc) in the development and implementation of new systems from fiber to antenna
• Design and implement software interfaces using various digital bus protocols (such as TCP, USB, or CPRI) between custom embedded hardware devices and radios/modems
• Work closely with embedded software and firmware engineers to specify and develop board support packages
• BS in ECE/EE/CE and 5 years experience as an Electrical Engineer, Embedded Systems Engineer, Embedded Hardware Engineer or related title
• Knowledge of circuit layout and simulation tools
• Understanding of interface systems between standard bus protocols and digital baseband I/O such as TCP, UDP, SPI, I2C; etc.
• Design of tests for embedded hardware
• Knowledge of low level programming languages for embedded systems (C)
• This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
• Experience using Altium
• Analog hardware design experience
• Experience with power supply design, circuit design, hardware prototyping, hardware debugging, RF
• RT Embedded Linux, QT, FreeRTOS or other embedded OS experience
Read Full Job Description