EMC / EMI Consultant
Imagine ubiquitous 5G connectivity that will deliver on the promise of 4K video, augmented reality, autonomous driving, drone delivery, and super-fast inflight internet. These bandwidth intensive technologies of the future cannot take place utilizing current wireless and broadband network infrastructure. Pivotal Commware has developed a revolutionary technology called HBF or Holographic Beam Forming, a breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. This disruptive software defined antenna technology is revolutionizing wireless and broadband networks by helping network operators solve their biggest wireless access challenges – capacity and spectral efficiency. Our patented antenna technology helps wireless service providers squeeze every ounce of performance from their networks at the lowest cost, size, weight and power consumption available.
While Pivotal has completely redefined the physics and economics of providing broadband wireless access for consumer, business and military applications, we still need to tailor our technology for a multitude of compelling use cases. Looking ahead, our team will also be developing artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions to complement and enhance our fundamental technology. If you are passionate about what you do and want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you.
The EMC/EMI Engineer Consultant is responsible for independently owning and performing product engineering to meet compliance on a variety of antenna products EMC/EMI standards. This consulting role will be responsible for collecting and analyzing results, offering compliance solutions, preparing testing and reports and communicating risks and solutions with the internal stakeholders. This role reports to the Director of Product Engineering.
· Work with Product Development to ensure requirements are met for EMI and EMC standards (from PCB to subassembly and assembly level) during product engineering process
· Review schematics, parts placement and layouts for compliance to EMC design standards
· Review mechanical housings for compliance to EMC standards
· Perform EMI/EMC simulations with RF simulators
· Perform EMI/EMC simulations with analog circuit simulators
· Review EMI/EMC Test data to assist in root cause and corrective actions
· Assist in development & executing automated EMC review tools/scripts and testing
· Develop and perform EMI/EMC testing and troubleshooting of products in the lab
· Communicate periodic status and known risks (with proposed solutions) on the projects
· Perform corrective engineering on products when designs tests don't meet standards
· Maintain and update all business parties and technical teams as necessary
· Responsible for equipment needs, requests, calibration and verification prior to tests
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Physics or related, EET would be considered
· Multiple years as an Electrical Engineer, Compliance Engineer, EMI Engineer, EMC Engineer or related title
· Multiple years of developing electronics to meet EMI/EMC standards
· Experience with Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) theory, signal integrity, and power quality
· Multiple years of experience with Spectrum Analyzers, EMI receivers, signal generators, RF power meters, RF amplifiers, antennas; etc.
· Experience within hands-on EMI/EMC lab troubleshooting
· Experience with IC level EMI/EMC specifications/methods
· Experience with EMI / EMC software tools
· Ability to write scripts in Python preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description