At Expedia our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Expedia Group is one of the largest providers of cars rentals globally. The Expedia Car team builds the experience and platform that powers the Car rental business for multiple brands within Expedia Group which includes Brand Expedia Group (BEXG) and Egencia. We are looking for an experienced, collaborative and team centric Engineering Manager to help deliver online experiences to our customers.
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale engineering products using a diverse set of state of the art technologies? Are you someone who works best in a team environment that is focused on:
- Getting things done?
- Putting your colleagues first?
- Helping people go places?
Then we would love you to apply, whether you meet all the qualifications or not.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead a team of software engineers in development and test to deliver high quality software using agile principles and methodologies
- Develop your team through adept coaching, mentoring, feedback and performance management
- Facilitate career growth by providing learning and development opportunities
- Lead the design, development, testing and release of software using standard engineering methodologies
- Serve as a technology leader with a strong focus on performance, scalability, maintainability and operational excellence
- Instill excellence into the processes, methodologies, standards and technology choices embraced by the team
- Identify and articulate technical and operational requirements for new feature developments and platform investments
- Drive design and planning activities by removing ambiguities, resolving dependency questions and providing high level engineering estimates
- Collaborate in multi-functional discussions to plan project deliveries or set platform, product and technology strategies
- Orchestrate operational support and act as an escalation point during outages and high impact live site issues
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years Software/Application Development experience building highly available systems in a distributed setting.
- A minimum of 2 years of leading an Engineering team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to translate technical concepts for business groups, present to executive audiences or drive effective discussion with your team
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects, prioritize effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Expertise in agile software development methodologies and their adoption within teams
- Technical leadership capable of building consensus across an organization on matters of design, development and delivery approach
- Strong knowledge of web application development using Java, HTML, CSS and JS frameworks in a high volume, service orientated environment
- A degree in Computer Science, similar technical discipline or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with cloud technologies such as AWS
- Experience with e-Commerce systems and/or travel industry technology is a huge plus
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.