Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for a leader to help guide and grow a high impact, high leverage, and high visibility team that supports the productivity of Convoy’s engineers and data scientists. The team creates and supports cross-cutting infrastructure services and libraries that enable world class client/service to service communication workflows, data access patterns and utilities. The work we do directly impacts our systems architecture, the engineering productivity and innovation velocity and is critical to achieve our goal of building a world-class trucking and freight management platform. We have had significant growth in our company and we are looking for leaders to help us execute on long term bets to help us hyper scale our business.
- Manage software engineering teams within Convoy’s Developer Experience organization
- Work with other Convoy leaders to design and lead developer productivity best practices
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Convoy’s recruiting team
- Help engineers advance in their careers and develop new skills
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Convoy's engineering management team
- Develop and deliver on customer focused, high impact roadmaps for your team that will delight your customers
- Contribute to a culture of technical and operations excellence at Convoy
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years managing software engineering teams that operate at scale
- A passion for supporting developer productivity. Experience with technologies like GraphQL, Kafka, and RPC is preferred
- Experience planning in quarters, and can set a vision for several years
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- A clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication
- Excitement about collaborating with teammates across Convoy’s organization, to provide a wonderful user experience for key developer workflows
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!