Engineering Manager- Mobile
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company that is changing the way businesses and consumers communicate. We invented the capability to text to and from a landline, toll-free or VoIP telephone number and have led the entire industry since. Over 35,000 businesses use our product and we are the fourth fastest-growing company in Washington state. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
We are searching for you, a seasoned mobile engineering manager that cares deeply about their group, to help build the mobile team. Use your experience to help drive the vision to our mobile apps both from technical vision as well as user experience perspectives.
- Are a highly motivated engineering manager with passion to empower and grow an engineering team.
- Will bring your unique set of diverse experiences and background to our team in an open and collaborative manner so that we can all expand and grow faster.
- Have a desire to leverage your expertise but also dive into lesser known areas of technology, architecture, or whatever is needed to solve engineering day-to-day challenges.
- Have an open and honest communication style that always puts the customer first “Will the customer be delighted with this?”.
- Are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape.
- Are curious, willing to learn, share and improve.
What’s the job really?
- Leading a team of talented developers to execute and deliver on the product roadmap with quality.
- Working collaboratively with product managers and stakeholders to own & manage a rapidly evolving product roadmap that delivers on company goals.
- Overseeing architectural choices and ensure the team follows best practices for software development.
- Hiring, coaching and mentoring team members, and regularly providing feedback.
What to bring:
- 10+ years of related product development experience shipping multiple products / services.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience.
- Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting, mentoring and retaining diverse talent base.
- Working in agile teams or startup environment with strong customer focus.
- Strong competency architecting and developing solutions in iOS and Android frameworks.
- Experience building mobile applications on different form factors.
- Expertise in building delightful user experiences.
- Understanding of UI design, usability, and accessibility practices
- Show organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, commitment for results, and written and verbal communications.
- Commitment for engineering practices that ensure safe and fast paced releases of services.
- Experience engaging with customers and partners, both inside and outside of Zipwhip to understand their business needs and priorities, technological landscape and roadmaps.
- We value diversity and strive to create an environment where everyone can feel safe, valued, empowered, and connected.
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices, with waterfront view.
- We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Ample opportunities for professional growth, internal advancement and movement, and company-supported learning.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Subsidized access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
Zipwhip strives for an equitable, inclusive and welcoming culture that values and honors diverse experiences and perspectives, that fosters the constructive expression of ideas, and that promotes intellectual curiosity, creativity, and respect. Equity and inclusivity can only flourish and reach full potential with continued effort and accountability, nourished by a collective sense of responsibility and mission on the part of the entire company. We are committed to the continued development of our diverse of people, ideas, and approaches, which will strengthen our mission to make texting with businesses as natural as it is with family and friends.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.