Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
As an Engineering Manager at Passbook, you will lead a team of extraordinary software engineers focused on solving complex technical and customer-centric problems. You will partner with other teams across Passbook to prioritize the right features with a focus on learning quickly. You will participate in technical design and planning while providing guidance for engineers to ensure they have what they need to do their job. You will use your experience and vision to hire and develop a diverse engineering team and coach team members to grow in their careers. As part of an early-stage, fast-growing startup, you'll help lay the technical and organization foundation for Passbook as we continue to grow.
What You'll Do:
- Grow, develop, and lead a diverse, empowered engineering team
- Work with product management, business leaders, engineers, and others, to bring new functionality to Passbook that delights our customers.
- Help guide the technical direction of Passbook to ensure that we are moving quickly while setting ourselves up for success in the future.
- Participate in the ideation and technical design of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- 3+ years experience in a engineering manager role leading system design/architecture across teams
- 3+ years experience leading core engineering efforts and technical teams
- Experience building diverse, empowered teams with high psychological safety
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer