Routable is a B2B payments platform built to make bill payments and mass payouts fast and seamless. Our mission is to be the simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments. Unlike other payment platforms, Routable’s modern, easy-to-use API allows you to build a powerful payments infrastructure in minutes.
We’re a Series B startup with $46M in funding. We’re helping some of the largest marketplaces and gig economy companies, including Ticketmaster, Snackpass, and Garmentory. Hundreds of finance teams trust our decades of experience in building B2B payment solutions.
Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow. We'll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact. We’re a fully remote startup with our team working from a city they love across the United States and Canada.About the Role
The Engineering Manager role focuses on managing a high functioning, talented engineering team and participating in overall product delivery. Applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including mentoring and coaching, partnering with product management, and technical contribution and guidance. You will act as a coach, offering expertise and guidance as your reports navigate their careers, and empower your team to be as autonomous as possible.
- Owning and driving accountability for your team’s roadmap and milestones
- Using data-driven decision making to identify and prioritize high-impact initiatives
- Recruiting and retaining strong talent
- Mentoring and career development of engineers
- Evangelizing high quality software engineering practices
- Guiding design and development of Routable’s platform
- Anticipating, identifying and clearing roadblocks for the team.
- Providing clear direction and effective decision making where necessary
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience and 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Deep familiarity with modern software development practices, technologies, and toolsMust be able to engage technically with a team of talented software engineers.
- Experience with web architecture patterns and best practices
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month goals
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams
- Proven track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a full-time basis.
We are a remote first company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live. One amazing benefit to our remote culture, is that it enables our team to enjoy traveling ✈️ more regularly since they can work from wherever!
The Engineering Manager reports directly to the VP of Engineering.About Routable
Our Core Values
At Routable, we are driven by our values. Our values act as guiding principles when it comes to our work, our hiring practices, and ourselves. We talk about them every day and praise each other based on our ability to embody them.
💞 Engage with Empathy: Have empathy and a deep understanding for your peers, and our customers. This means no ego and cultivating relationships by actively listening to each other's needs.
🤝 Volunteer Assistance: Helping others is always a priority, even when it is not immediately related to the goals that we are trying to achieve. We make it a point to foster an environment of inclusiveness for our remote team.
💪 Own it: We are all company owners and we act like it. We make data driven decisions and jump at the opportunity to be accountable. Taking action when you see a problem is our default state.
🛠 Build with Purpose: We are collectively building the product and company of our dreams. We are intentional with everything we do and are always looking for ways to improve. We sweat the details.
🧬 Expect Authenticity: We do not compromise our values when it comes to our team and our customers. We champion originality. Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
To help foster amazing relationships with our coworkers, we meet up twice a year as a whole team in some pretty awesome cities! In the past we’ve met up in San Diego, Seattle, and Austin. We’d rather invest money into memorable team events rather than expensive offices. During our meet-up team time, we love to spend time learning a new skill together, and solving problems. Most recently this has taken on the form of a bread-making class and defeating an Escape Room. Yeah.. We love to compete together as a team.
Note: we have paused our meetups due to COVID-19 and will resume when it is safe for everyone to attend
🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
💲 Competitive salary
📈 Stock Options
💸 Work from Home Stipend
🚀 We're a remote team
🏝 Flexible vacation policy
Routable welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community of Routers. Routable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to administering personnel actions, including hiring, training, promoting and compensating its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.